Week 24 info:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Happy Friday! This is the last weekend until kids start at work, as well as being a long weekend, so we're going to get a lot of stuff done at our house. Yesterday we got our new carpet installed!!!!! The shag in the basement is OUTTA there. Except the shag going up the bar. We kept that for fun. :) And we got new carpet in the baby's room. So this is the perfect time to start de-crap-ifying our house. As I've mentioned before, Chris and I are not the neatest people in the world, and we are also both bad at getting rid of stuff. Not any more. Come Monday night, the crap will be gone!!! I can't wait!!I had my first real birth dream last night. It was very bizarre and I don't remember many details. I do remember that we were having twins, but it was my Dad who somehow birthed the first baby and I had the 2nd one. Thanks Dad...hahaha! :)
We've been getting some baby stuff from friends who have had girls which has been really nice. We will probably be registering pretty soon and that seems like it will be a big task. I have NO idea what to register for. I've heard that Babies R Us has a nice list that you can use to start with, so that is probably what we'll do.
My belly is just growing like crazy and I love it! People comment on it all the time, but that is ok. I don't mind. I'm just excited for Baby Goose to move around more frequently so that other people can feel her when they touch my stomach.
Hope everybody has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
I had an ear of corn at the fair last night! If I had known the significance to Baby Goose when I ate it, it would have been a much more emotional experience! I love you.
ReplyDelete