Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My nose

Blog Post by Kati:

I hate my nose right now. I literally hate it. I wish I could chop it off of my head.

Over the weekend I developed my first head cold of my pregnancy.

Some background information for those of you who are unaware:

I am terrible to be around when I have a cold. In normal, unpregnant situations, I take drugs like Vicks Nasal Spray (how do people live without it when they have colds??? I'll never understand) and all sorts of cold medicines that (every time) I hope will be more effective (than the last time). I sniff, I try to blow my nose and nothing comes out (though NO ONE believes me- it is true for a lot of the time!), and am generally crabby. My family can attest to this fact and are no doubt thankful that they've passed the "dealing with Kati's colds" baton off to Chris.

So...you can only imagine what it is like when I don't have the option of my lovely drugs. It isn't pretty. I basically haven't slept in 2 days, my nose is even more congested, and every uncomfortable part of this cold seems seriously enhanced.

Chris has been a true patient champion in dealing with me and so tonight I gave him the night off. He's off with his buddies and I'm perfectly content to be home wallowing in my own misery alone so I can sniff to my heart's content and not feel bad about annoying the crap out of him!

In the grand scheme of things, I will survive and I feel ridiculous even complaining at all. But I'm tired, crabby, and just need to vent. We are so lucky that everything has gone so smoothly so far, so if this is the worst I have to deal with- I'm very thankful.

But still,

I'll end with a poem that my uncle Peter sent me:

It doesn't breathe,
It doesn't smell,
It doesn't feel so very well.
I am disgusted with my nose.
The only thing it does, is blows.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, love the poem! 4 of my co-workers went home yesterday saying they didn't feel well. 2 more stayed home today. In a department of 16, these aren't good signs. They are paranoid about the H1N1 (or Hini as I've come to call it). Bring it on, I say! Using the Mills plan seems to have paid off: wash dishes seldomly, reuse silverware and use the 40 second rule (not 5 seconds). It's like at-home immunizations!

    I'll bring you over some homemade applebutter and applesauce. Maybe they will help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete