It is SO COLD. Our state made the main story on CNN. It’s bonkers.

I have been home from work Monday-Wednesday (but still needed to DO work).

On Tuesday morning I believe I uttered the sentence “It’s not even 9am and I’m tired of your attitude.” But we survived on coffee, pastries, Legos, and iPads.

Today was a lot of “SLOW YOUR ROLL” whilst they were causing chaos in the living room. Until I took them to the library.

And then sent them away to G-ma’s, where they spent a busy 30 seconds outside and then warmed up in the sun.

When I got the news late afternoon that tomorrow was going to be a continuation of the ridiculousness of this whole entire week, I gave up and we had a movie night and I ran out of the wine in my wine box.

So there you have it. Polar Vortex 2019. I’m grateful we have had a warm house and cars that have started and extra time together...as much as it has driven me a bit nuts.
I have been home from work Monday-Wednesday (but still needed to DO work).
The girls have been off/will be off Tuesday-Friday.
I can technically still stay home tomorrow BUT I’M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND so I’m choosing to go into a building where I know the heat will be lowered ON PURPOSE). What has become of me? I’m perfectly fine with wearing layers and drinking lots of hot coffee if it means getting out of my gosh dang house (and thanks to Auntie Cat who has also been off and wants to hang out with my two squirrelly children so I have the option to be freezing at work, but productive).
I’m not meant for working from home, and I just really learned this fact. I barely shower by 3pm. I wear pajamas all the time. It’s not great.
Anyway. Here is how we stayed busy so far during this RIDICULOUS POLAR VORTEX.
Our lovely neighbor Dale came to snowblow our driveway on Monday when he saw me start to shovel and felt bad for me.
On Tuesday morning I believe I uttered the sentence “It’s not even 9am and I’m tired of your attitude.” But we survived on coffee, pastries, Legos, and iPads.
Today was a lot of “SLOW YOUR ROLL” whilst they were causing chaos in the living room. Until I took them to the library.
And then sent them away to G-ma’s, where they spent a busy 30 seconds outside and then warmed up in the sun.
When I got the news late afternoon that tomorrow was going to be a continuation of the ridiculousness of this whole entire week, I gave up and we had a movie night and I ran out of the wine in my wine box.
So there you have it. Polar Vortex 2019. I’m grateful we have had a warm house and cars that have started and extra time together...as much as it has driven me a bit nuts.
Stay warm out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment