Blog Post by Kati:
On my weekly email from babycenter.com this week, the following activity was recommended for me to do. I thought I'd do it and post it here...in hopes that some day our daughter will read it (and everything else) and realize how excited her mom and dad were about becoming her parents!
Write a letter to your baby. You and your child will treasure this gift for years to come. Go with your heart and follow your inspiration.
Dear Baby Goose-
Yep- that is one of the nicknames that you already have- Baby Goose. You are also called Holly Polly, G-G-G-G-G, Clara, and maybe other names that I don't even know about. Don't worry, your dad and I will pick out a lovely name for you that you won't be mad at us for later! :)
Right now you have been in my belly for 23 weeks. It has been an incredible 23 weeks. At first I had a hard time believing you were actually in there, though you definitely gave me some signs! Just in the past few weeks I have actually felt you move, and that has been awesome. I want to hold my stomach all the time just to see if you're dancing in there. Your dad has been able to feel a few little jabs from you too, and we can't wait til we can feel you more and more.
I have 17 weeks left (approximately- we'd LOVE it if you came a little early! hee hee) of having you in there being protected by all my internal stuff. Though I can't WAIT for you to arrive, I am also very scared about keeping you safe outside my body. But know that your dad and I (and all of our amazing family members and friends) are going to do all we can to make sure you grow up happy, healthy and loved.
Your dad and I are both unbelievably blessed with having the best families anyone could ask for. You are really lucky and are going to have the most amazing grandparents, aunts, uncles, and great grandparents (and big sister Kona, of course!). The crazy part is that is not all! You will also have fantastic great-aunts and uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, and all kinds of other relatives who are so excited to meet you. AND on top of that, your mom and dad have wonderful friends who are thrilled to welcome you into the world. Bottom line- you will be SO INCREDIBLY LOVED...and you'll have a lot of fantastic baby-sitters!
So Baby Goose- I love you and can't wait until I can see you and hold you in my arms.
Love,
Your Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment