Week 25 info (a few hours early!):
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Once again another vegetable (I assume it is a vegetable?) that I have not every had. This baby is opening up my eyes to so many new things already!
It has been fun being back at school with kids this week- the ones I had last year initially gave me funny looks, and then mustered up the courage to ask if I was having a baby. All the kids also ask what I'm having, and the girls are thrilled to hear a girl, and the boys are disgusted to hear a girl. They're pretty funny. I am definitely way more exhausted these days, though. I've taken "naps" at night the past few nights on our new comfy chair. Once 8pm rolls around it is hard for me to keep my eyes open.
As Chris said, Baby Goose has become more active the past few days. The best way I can think of to describe the feeling of her moving inside is a small version of the feeling you get on a ride when there is a drop (roller coaster, log chute, etc.) and you feel your stomach drop. I just like to picture her doing somersaults even though I'm pretty sure that isn't what she is really doing.
My mom gave me a journal she kept the last 4 months when she was pregnant with me. She wrote in it daily, and it has been really fun to read the different things her and my dad were doing to prepare for their first little girl! Though the idea that the baby adopts the taste buds of the mother during pregnancy is clearly false! My mom and dad ate lots of stuff I would never eat...haha! And my mom was the one who made most of the meals...hmm...that is not what I'm doing. :) As I've said before, I'm "cooking" the baby, so Chris gets to do the cooking for me AND the baby!
We have a busy weekend ahead so I wanted to post the weekly update tonight to ensure it gets done on time! Hope everyone had a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment