Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Blog Post by Kati:

This weekend was definitely spend doing LABOR- on our house. We basically did our own version of "Extreme Home Makeover." And we still aren't done...but we did get a lot accomplished. The weekend of labor started on Thursday when we got new carpet installed. The basement shag is gone! Here is a shot of it in all it's glory:

And for those who haven't seen it, here is what our basement looked like (without our lovely hand-me-down furniture):



And now, thanks to new carpet, new furniture, and lots of cleaning and organizing, our basement now looks like this:

And here is the best chair ever- I predict lots of naps with the baby on this chair! It reclines and is super cushy. So comfortable!!!

We're still working on our upstairs- the baby room is painted and has new carpet, but is still housing some non-baby stuff until we can clean out the rest of our stuff.

Tomorrow I start my 6th year of teaching! I actually won't be doing as much teaching this year, but I'll be doing a lot of teacher support and coaching. I'm excited about the change and I think it is a perfect time to switch things up!

Now I'm so tired from the busy weekend, so I'd better get to bed...after a nap in the comfy chair! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job you guys.... I am still waiting for an invite to see your place. I am very patient. Enjoy your new basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how about that train wall paper and fake brick wall paneling?

    ReplyDelete