Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Mother's Day Edition

Happy Sunday!

There are a few things to celebrate today.  First up, it is Papa's birthday!  Happy Birthday Papa!!!!!  Hope it was a great one.

Next up- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!  We are so lucky to have so many amazing mothers and grandmothers in our lives- Nana (pictured above), Gi-Gi, Grammy, Boom, and G-ma.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!  WE LOVE YOU!!!
And then there is me.  I'm a mother too.  And my little ones are...something special, as you can see...

Hahahahahahahahaha.  My girls are SO photogenic.
Just kidding.  I had to giggle that the one time I tried to get a cute picture with them (that was not a selfie), THIS happened.

Anyway, we had a ridiculously good weekend.

Saturday Highlights:

Out for a run at 6:15am on Saturday morning.  It was beautiful.  And foggy.
 
Playing around at home with my sweet girls.
Callie doing "nastics."
Hanging out outside and the 4-year-old became the photographer.
All these shots were taken by Callie- including her winter boot in the upper
left corner.  And the selfie.

We took a trip to the flower store to get some pretty things to fill the
pots in front of our house.

We went to a BBQ at the Wicks' and there were 5 little
girls playing.
Sunday Highlights:

Chris had to leave at 5am to work the "Race for the Cure."  I was awoken
at 7am sharp and given my mother's day present- a sweet tile with frogs on it
made at preschool. 

The girls and I spent the morning playing at home, and then taking a trip
to Starbucks and Trader Joe's.

We spent the afternoon bowling with G-ma, Pa, Uncle Dan, Hanna, and Auntie Cat.
Callie LOVED it.  Hooray for bumpers!

It was fun to all be together!
The only thing that would have made this day better would have been actually seeing my mom, but we had conflicting schedules today!  I'm thankful that she lives close and we get to see her (and the rest of my family) regularly.  The girls are pretty lucky to have all the grandparents, aunts and uncles in the same "town"!

As for my running- my goal this week was 9 miles, and I did 9.75 running and 2 more walking.  I tracked my calories pretty religiously (except yesterday- it was my cheat day) and because of my efforts lost about 2 pounds this week.  Whoop whoop!

My mileage goal for this week is 12 miles. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment