Friday, May 23, 2014

FTPDF: 10-Months-Old!!!!

I think it might be time to abbreviate my Favorite-Things-Phone-Dump Friday posts to FTPDF.  Every Friday that I have to type all those words my fingers get tired.

Not really.

But abbreviations are always easier.  And at this point in my life, easier is good.

Guess which little chica is 10 months old today?????


I wore my pearls to celebrate.

Not really.  It was "fancy day" at school.

Anyway.  I can't believe that we are within 2 months of having a 1-year-old.  In many ways, it doesn't seem like that is possible, because she is such a little baby cling-on.  Literally.  She CLINGS to me.  Pretty much constantly.  If she is not in my arms, but I am visible or audible, she is pissed.  Her face is SO SAD when she sees me and I am not holding her.  So I hold her.  I know I'm not helping the situation at all, but I can't stand to see that SUPER SAD face.  I'll have to get a picture of it sometime, and you'll see what I'm dealing with.  It is not even sufficient for me to be sitting right next to her with my arm around her.  She has to be ON me.  And then once she is, she has to twist her body around so she is never in the same position for very long.  Facing me.  Facing out.  On one hip.  On the other.  Upside down.  Right side up.  I gotta admit, it is exhausting.  But I'm just trying to soak it in and remember she won't want to be with me this closely forever.

But.  Then there is the older one.  She is starting to get tired of Maya's Mommy Monopoly, and is showing it in a variety of, um, interesting ways.  That is me being very diplomatic.  This weekend I'm going to try really hard to spend some good one-on-one time with her in hopes that she'll chill out a little bit.  We'll see. 

On to the pictures, etc.

My first favorite thing is Maya's new trick for this week: clapping!


IMG 2868 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Favorite Thing #2: Hanging out at home after work (even when I wasn't
feeling well- on Wednesday I cheated with some gluten-filled chips
and paid for it...blech. Gluten is the devil.)

Favorite Thing #3: Hanging out with Auntie Yoda, Craig, Auntie Mari and Josh.
Favorite Thing #4: Watching Maya eat.
On the left we have her eating a Mum-Mum right after her bath.
Later we fed her spinach lasagna and immediately regretted that
we gave her a bath BEFORE dinner.

Favorite Thing #5: My ploy to get a cranky preschooler to smile-
mood face pictures!
Unfortunately her hair kind of covered it up.

Favorite Thing #6: Summer is SO. CLOSE.
Our tree in the front yard has bloomed and is beautiful!
Favorite Thing #7: Staying on track with my exercise.
I pushed Callie (all 37 pounds of her) for 1.5 miles in the jogging stroller.
I did a ridiculous interval workout on the treadmill and have never been so sweaty.
I'm feeling stronger and seeing results.  It feels good.

Favorite Thing #8: Time at G-ma and G-pa's house each week.

Favorite Thing #9: Time at Boom's house each week.

Favorite Thing #10: We had a visitor- a baby deer we named Rainy.
Chris called community service officers to come get her, which they did.
Then they brought her back because they talked to animal control, who said that
Rainy's mom would most likely come back for her that night.
So they nestled her back in the garden, and lo and behold, she was gone the next
morning.  She was ADORABLE.
Favorite Thing #11: A Friday evening stroll. 
Callie was very curious about the sounds coming from the pond by our house.
 
I am so very excited for a long weekend.  It looks like the weather will continue to be warm!  Maybe summer will finally be here...?!?!?!? 

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment