Well, it is the weekend after a 3-day week for me. School was called off on both Monday AND Tuesday because of the cold. Callie still had preschool on Monday, so I got a day with Maya. Then we had a girls day on Tuesday with the three of us and had a great day.
Prepare for a poop update. Skip the next couple paragraphs if you'd rather not hear about it.
We are making progress with the preschool poop. I found a princess puzzle iPad app that she is only allowed to do if she sits on the potty to poop. On Tuesday she sat there FOREVER and got SO MUCH POOP OUT. Sorry if that is TMI, but hallelujah! She has been much better ever since, and we haven't been going through underwear like crazy. And to make pooping even more exciting, I taught her today that she can call her pooping "dropping the kids off at the pool." Seriously. Today we had a conversation about her poop and what it was doing (like putting on sunscreen) in her tummy, and how excited it was going to be to "go swimming." Especially the school bus-sized poops. And then they get to go on the water slide (getting flushed), which is SUPER exciting for everyone involved.
You gotta do what you gotta do, right? Today I got in the frame of mind of poop and had an entire conversation with Callie from it's perspective. (e.g. Callie: What is the poop doing?
Me: It is putting on sunscreen. "I'm so excited to go swimming!" Callie:
(giggling) What is it doing now?
Me: It is finding it's sunglasses. He is ready to come out! Callie: Okay!
(running to the bathroom to go poop!))
Once again,
parenting is SO weird and a little gross sometimes.
Okay I'm done with the poop talk.
Our baby is slowly but surely figuring out the sleep thing. But I still think this is true:
She really does seem to do better up in her room. In general, she goes to sleep faster and has stopped waking up so much within the first few hours that she is asleep, as well as the couple hours after she eats. Two nights ago I only got up one time to feed her, and was able to put her back to sleep after about 45 minutes and she stayed down until morning. (Or should I say, she stayed down until Callie woke her up a little after 6am. Blarg.) Last night I went blissfully to bed about 9:30pm, and got to sleep until she woke up at 5am! But I found out later that she was up screaming with Chris from about 10-11:30. Regardless, I got 7 straight hours of sleep and it was AMAZING.
So there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, though I probably just jinxed it.
She is also sitting up pretty well, as you'll see in a couple of pictures, and is VERY proud of herself. She gets a big smile on her face and seems super happy to be sitting up with the "big kids." Her smile just lights up the room. She is so sweet.
 |
| Favorite Thing #1: This smile |
On to the rest of the pictures pictures...
 |
| Favorite Thing #2: Mommy and Maya day |
 |
| Favorite Thing #3: This track suit |
 |
| Favorite Thing #4: Dancing like no one is watching |
 |
| Favorite Thing #5: Playing and Eating |
 |
| Favorite Thing #6: Girls Day |
 |
| Favorite Thing #7: Pa Day |
 |
| Favorite Thing #8: G-ma Day |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Favorite Thing #9: Reading with the girls. And them holding hands. |
 |
Favorite Thing #10: Hanging out with Auntie Mari
|
 |
| Favorite Thing #11: Boom Day |
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment