I can't do it.
Part of the reason is because she woke up with a fever yesterday and didn't feel well all day. She had a bad night last night (in our room) and I can't imagine running up and down the stairs as many times as I got out of bed last night to put her passy in, soothe her or feed her. At this point it still just works better when she is a foot away from me, and not a floor away from me.
I know that some of the problem (her being a super light sleeper) probably won't be solved until we move her upstairs where she can't hear our creaky door and squeaky bed, but I'm just not ready. So I'll take a few (not sure how many) more nights of crappy sleep so I can have her sleeping near me.
Callie is hilarious. And sweet. And spastic. The other day she said to me, "Mom, Maya is so handsome and graceful. I'm so glad you had her. I love her." And then two seconds later she freaked out when she got into Maya's face and Maya grabbed her nose and yanked on it. Gotta love sisterhood.
As for the weekend, it was pretty low key.
Saturday
As I mentioned above, Maya woke up with a fever. She was a cranky baby, but managed to eat a little rice cereal and sweet potatoes for breakfast like a champ.
![]() |
| Those poor watery eyes. |
![]() |
| We got a good view of the now dome-less Metrodome. |
Sunday
Maya and I spent a lot of the day just the two of us, while Chris and Callie went to Sunday school and then Dave and Cherilyn's house for football. Maya got to enjoy the beautiful weather (and a short nap in the Baby Bjorn) a little bit, though, when G-ma and G-pa picked her and Kona up for a little walk.
Otherwise we did a Target run and hung out at home. During her naps I got some major laundry and dishes done. It felt good.
![]() |
| She's a mommy's girl |
![]() |
| Check out the back of her head. Can you see the long hair wisps? |






No comments:
Post a Comment