Monday, January 6, 2014

QOTD Catch-Ups

My system for remembering Callie quotes is to text them to myself as they happen.  I have a backlog of three that I haven't shared yet, and they are pretty good. 

1) Future Vegetarian QOTD- While driving past Red Lobster:

Callie: Who likes lobster?
Me: Boom and Daddy like lobster.
Callie: How do they eat it?
Me: They take off the shell and eat the mean on the inside.
Callie: (thinks for a few seconds) But that's an animal!!!
Me: (makes a mental note to not tell her what ham and turkey are for a long time) Sometimes people eat animals.
Callie: (pauses) Hey that cloud looks like a dinosaur!
Me: (sigh of relief)

This former vegetarian did NOT want to get into a meat-is-an-animal discussion.  It might have turned me back into a vegetarian.

***************************************************************************

2) Telling Jokes QOTD- This was a phase for a couple of days. 

Callie: What do you cross when you have a headband and a shoe?  A poodo-poodo-doo!
Me or Chris: (exaggerated laughter)

It didn't matter what the two things were in the joke, the answer was usually the same.  Over.  And over.  And over. And over again.

***************************************************************************

3) Bed Hogs QOTD: After Chris and I were talking about me ALEDGEDLY taking up all the room on the bed one night:

Callie: Hey Daddy!  I didn't have any room on my bed either because my ANIMALS were taking up all the room!

Maybe she will realize she doesn't need approximately 3,297 animals with her in her bed.

***************************************************************************

There are so many times that she says something and Chris and I just look at each other and smile.  Having a 4-year-old around is never dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment