Friday, September 6, 2013

Favorite-Things-Phone-Dump Friday

It is the weekend! 

Here is what I learned this week:

1) We'd prefer that both sets of grandparents not be on vacation at the same time. Haha! This week was a good reminder of how totally spoiled we are to have them all in town and always willing to help us out.  Needless to say, we're thankful G-ma and G-pa are back, and look forward to Boom and Bops' return on Monday. :)

2) Babies scream.  Our baby screams...a lot.  But after doing some research, I found out it isn't all that uncommon for babies her age.  It is called the PURPLE crying period.  There is even a website dedicated to it: purplecrying.info.  I don't know how legit it is, but their acronym pretty much nails it (the graphic below is from the website, not me).

So it seems that we're muddling through the peak right now and hopefully the end is coming soon.  Ironic that purple is my favorite color, because THIS kind of purple is not that fun.

3) Callie's love for her little sister has still not wavered.  I thought the novelty might wear off by now(especially with all the screaming), but she is legitimately EXCITED every time Maya is awake and alert.  No one gets her to smile more than her big sister. 

4) I can survive without toddler nap time (though I'm secretly hoping that the onset of preschool next week brings back the naps...at least 2 days a week).  We have started "quiet time" in the afternoons and it has been moderately successful...minus the few days that she decided to poop on the potty 6 times in a row and I kept having to trek upstairs to wipe her.  I guess I deserve it after I complained so much about her not going potty on her own.

Anyway...on to the phone dump.

Favorite Thing #1: The girls I get to spend my days with
(Check out the bottom right picture...major spit up smile)

Favorite Thing #2: Hanging out around the house

Favorite Thing #3: Our independent girl
We had a preschool conference to meet her teacher this week, she has rocked the
potty situation, and even took a shower (mostly) by herself this morning!
She can also proudly tell you the definition of "independent."
Favorite Thing #4: Getting together with high school friends.
We saw Emily and Vera and Casey, Ciri and Gianni this week.
Favorite Thing #5: Going for a run
I went for my first solo run (2 miles...2 slow miles), and then went out again
for a quick jog with my little running buddies.  Cal chose her own running outfit. 
Obviously.
Favorite Thing #6: A trip to the Children's Museum

Favorite Thing #7: Friday night dinner with G-ma, G-pa (yay they are home!) and Auntie Cat
Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment