Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Two Callies Edition

Still pregnant.  You should see the size of my feet and cankles.  They are epic.

This weekend was 50% AWESOME and 50% RIDICULOUS.  All because of our 3-and-a-half-year-old daughter who displayed two very different personalities.

Saturday

We had a GREAT day.  We spent the morning downtown hanging out with Boom and Bops.  We went to the farmers' market, wandered around the Guthrie, and had lunch at the condo.  Callie was charming, well behaved and all around adorable.






Then she took an amazing 2 1/2 hour nap that I had to wake her up from.


Later we went to see Auntie Cat's new house (lots of moving going on in our family...Auntie Mari is next!) and had dinner with her, G-ma and G-pa and Nana and Papa.  We also went on a lovely stroll after dinner.  She was once again delightful...even crossing her legs when sitting on a big girl chair.



Then Sunday came. 

And our delightful, wonderful and obedient child was taken over by, what appeared to be, her evil twin.  All. Day. Long.  There were too many potty accidents to count (due to all-out potty time refusals...I think I still have some PTSD from when we started potty training LAST summer) and too much attitude to handle. 

We had fun plans- college friends came over this morning to see our house, we went out to lunch, and then went over to our friend Rachael's house tonight for dinner.  Through it all...the evil twin was there.  And I didn't take any pictures.

I'm RRREEEEEAAAALLLLLLLLLLLYYYY hoping that the good Callie is back tomorrow because HOLY MOLY I can't handle her evil twin.  Especially on my own.  Past my due date. 

Obviously, she acted this way for a reason, and I'm sure we can all figure out why.  Her world has been rocked by our move (though seemingly in a good way), and will be rocked once again when Hamsie makes her debut.  I'm sure she senses our anxiety and anticipation and her toddler brain doesn't know how to handle it.  I know it will pass, but I also know that the transition will most likely be really hard.  She has NO idea what is coming, and neither do we.

Despite all that, like I said yesterday, we are ready and we can't wait.

Hamsie Update: 40 weeks.  And counting.  Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.  That's all I got.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment