I was going to put together all these adorable collages and such of our time at the hospital. You know, with all the free time I was going to have today.
But wait- there was a baby to hold, feed and stare at, so no adorable collages. So I will just throw a bunch of photos in this post and call it good.
But first, a few more details about our little peanut's birth day.
If you want to know the short version of the day, read on. We got to the hospital at 6am. After being poked four times by three different people, they were able to start an IV and the Pitocin started around 7:45am. Then my doctor broke my water about 9:45. Contractions started and I got an epidural around 11:45. By 1:30 I was at 8 cm and then by about 4:00 I was ready to push. After 2 contractions at 4:11pm she was out. SO MUCH FASTER than her sister. :)
She was 8 pounds 10 ounces, 21 inches long, and a normal sized head.
We were able to do skin to skin right away and she breastfed at about 4:45pm like a champ. She has been eating well since. I hope it continues.
She was up most of the night last night and slept most of the day today, so her days and nights need some work. But holy moly she is adorable.
Okay, I'm done. See the pictures for more of the story: visitors, diaper changes, and just hanging out. It has been a good couple of days. :)
We head home sometime tomorrow morning. Looking forward to the exhausted happy chaos that will become our life as a new family of 4!

No comments:
Post a Comment