Oh boy...where to begin?
I'm thinking this post won't be the most chronological of the weekend because, well, my brain has no idea really what happened when. But I did put some collages together so I can share a bunch of pictures without the post being super duper long. For that, I pat myself on the back.
I'm tired.
A my-baby-was-up-screaming-for-3-straight-hours-in-the-middle-of-the-night tired.
But it is a good tired. Though if that keeps happening, it probably won't be so good anymore.
Anyway.
A big focus of this weekend was POOP. The little peanut last pooped on Wednesday morning at the hospital. We tried some things like using a rectal thermometer to poke around. And then the pink vibrating chair (it made Callie poop a lot when she was a baby). It was not really received that well. At first.
But we didn't have any poop luck until G-pa was holding her around 4:00 today. He got a poop-splosion out of her. It was awesome. Now I no longer need to think about poop 24/7.
Speaking of potty issues, this may be a good time to mention that Callie's transition into big sisterhood is going as expected. I believe we heard something like "I AM NOT A BIG GIRL" today when having an epic potty battle and trying to reason with her like a big girl. Listening and following directions, using her manners, and all around being pleasant have been qualities that have not been at all consistent with our toddler this weekend, but again, that is to be expected. We are just taking deep breaths, trying to stay as calm and patient as possible, and carrying on.
On the plus side, Callie is ENTHRALLED by Maya. She LOVES her.
As for the rest of the weekend...there was a lot of sleeping...
...and a few awake times (though a lot of the awake times consisted of screaming)...
...and lots of time with friends and family...
...and of course, time with Mom and Dad.
I'm thinking these pictures back up my previous statement about being tired.
Now I am trying to type one-handed with a 5-day old baby sleeping on me, so I am going to be done. I will work on getting all our photos on Shutterfly tomorrow and will post the link soon.
Hope you had a great weekend...sleep well for us tonight please! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment