Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Days

Needless to say, our summer has been rather...frantic.  I wasn't out of school until mid-June, had another week of trainings, packed up the house, moved, and now still in the process of unpacking and organizing.

Cal and I haven't had our usual summer filled with days at the zoo, the pool, music classes, or play dates.  I'm trying not to let my mom guilt get out of control, but now that I'm super pregnant and EXHAUSTED all the time, I can't help but feel bad.  Yesterday was rough.  I was just so tired.  Callie just wanted to play with me and all I wanted to do was sit or lay down.  Mom guilt to the max.

Today I made a conscious effort to get off my butt and do something.  I don't have the energy to take her anywhere, but we did have a fun morning playing in the sprinklers in the back yard.  As you can see from the video, Kona had fun too!

Sprinkler fun from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

After the sprinkler we went for a walk and met a couple more neighbors. Then made lunch, played a little bit, and read some books before nap time. I'm still EXHAUSTED, but at least I know that I was able to create a fun morning for my active girl. It is crazy to think there may only be a few more days left with just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment