But you may be aware that we have a slightly longer history...we go way back to the late '90s. And the photo evidence is brutal. But kind of hysterical. And so I will share it with all of you. Most of our photos from high school are from school dances. And my favorite early photo together (top left) was in my childhood backyard on the first day that we got Hugo Percy (the eventually paralyzed weiner dog that our family loved so much).
I mean...bangs. We both had really unfortunate bangs and/or weird flippy hair things.
Then came college.
Ok, our hair is making a little progress, though mine is all over the place in terms of cut and style.
At this point I'd like to make a big shout out to my mom, Mary, and Mari for putting together scrapbooks for us many years ago. They come in so handy when wanting to walk down memory lane.
And now to shout out to myself, for becoming a scrapbooker right after our wedding and making scrapbooks for our first few years of marriage.
And then my scrapbooking mojo turned into blogging once kids came along, so I looked through 7 years of pictures on my computer to find the few that were just of the two of us. They were much harder to find, but I was successful.
I'd say we have been very lucky in our many years together. We have amazing kids, fantastic family and friends, and lots of lovely memories to look back on.
On to the weekend. We spent a lot of yesterday cleaning (I unearthed the lovely pink frame in Callie's room with my face crossed off in 2 pictures). And then we spent some time outside.
Chris and I got out for a date night (thanks G-ma and Pa!) and played mini-golf in the rain.
We also did dinner and a walk, but we were home by 8 to get in our PJs and watch Netflix because we are tired and probably boring.
This morning my mom, Laura and I went to see MA. It continues to be unreal, but seeing it in person made it a little more real.
Later this afternoon I got out my wedding dress for fun, and the girls tried it on.
Tonight we had most of our family over for BBQ and hanging out (and looking at wedding scrapbooks!). I didn't get too many pictures, but here are a few.
Here's another video of some random videos we took this weekend. I say "we" because Callie took the first few videos. So there's potty talk and sass. Just a heads' up.
Thanks for all the love today! It has been fun thinking about our big day 12 years ago. It was SO MUCH FUN.






No comments:
Post a Comment