Friday, August 4, 2017

A Picture Update: Summer Week 8

Another week of summer has passed by. This was another hard one. You probably heard on the news that on Wednesday there was a gas leak and explosion at my high school. There were injuries and fatalities and part of the building is just gone. My sisters and I went to MA starting in Kindergarten and all the way through graduation. Chris and his siblings went there for high school. It is where we met. Mary and Cat both worked there for years. In college I worked for MA as a day camp counselor. There are a lot of MA memories in our family.

MA Graduation- June 2000
My thoughts and prayers have been constantly with the MA community. And the weirdest part was I drove the girls around my old neighborhood, including MA, on Tuesday- less than 24 hours before it happened. I didn't take a picture there, but I took one a few blocks south at "the wall" that I grew up playing on.



On Monday, as I mentioned in my Tuesday post, it was Auntie Cat's birthday.  So we went over to hang out with her! We also went to the park and hung out with Boom and Lucy for a bit.



On Monday night we walked to the library.  It was pretty beautiful.



We met Casey and her kids at Wabun on Tuesday morning for a little splashing and playing at the park.



Callie had a sleepover with Boom on Tuesday night!




Maya and I headed downtown on Wednesday and we all went to meet Auntie Yoda for lunch and visit her at her office.

Laura's view looks out at the IDS Center, where our dad's office was
when we were growing up- on the 47th floor.

On Thursday we headed downtown again to take care of Lucy!

There are two big children in that crib, in case you couldn't tell.

Today was one of the few days this summer we didn't have anything planned- no camps, no plans with friends or family, nothing.  So the girls and I headed to the zoo and had a lovely morning together.



We saw "Humpback Whales" in 3D!

I'll leave you with some random videos from this week- some tennis lessons, poor Lucy being harassed by her cousins, and hanging out with goats.

Untitled from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

And if you liked the vintage Kati and Chris picture, come back on Sunday for our anniversary post.  I went through all my scrapbooks and found some oldies.  You may be able to track the trajectory of Chris' hair from needing lots of product to hold the shape to...bald. No product necessary.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment