I have majorly slacked on running since my race at the end of July. But I pulled myself out of bed on Monday morning to get some sunrays.
I got in a couple other short runs in this week, but it is pretty pathetic compared to the rest of my summer schedule. Hopefully will get in at least a 5-miler this weekend. We shall see.
As I mentioned on Tuesday, we have another 2 week session of swimming lessons to end the summer. The girls were SUPER excited to be back in the water. Callie has even figured out the doggie paddle a little bit! AND she jumped off the diving board with a noodle. She has made a lot of progress in terms of her comfort in the water.
Here are some video highlights.
Untitled from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
Maya had her four-year-old check up on Monday afternoon, and we found out that she is a little shorty! She is only in the 32nd percentile for height (also 57th percentile for weight). It is funny because Lucy had her four-MONTH-old check up this week, and is also a little peanut. But then Laura and I both looked up the stats of my girls on this blog from when they were each 4 months, and Maya was the bigger than Lucy by over a pound and longer by 2 inches. Callie was in the middle of them. Here they all are at 4 months.
On Monday night we went over and played with the Helds. It was a beautiful night!
On Tuesday afternoon we tried out a splash pad we hadn't been to for a couple of years. Once again, the girls LOVED it. And it was a gorgeous afternoon to be outside.
On Wednesday we went downtown for a bit to see Boom and Lucy.
On Thursday, Lucy came and hung out with us all day! The girls were great. We played at home, went to swimming, had lunch, had quiet time, and went to the library.
Today we dropped Maya off for a day at preschool and I got to hang with Callie. We went school supply shopping, out to lunch (and PIE!) and built the Ferris Wheel set she got for her birthday. Finally.
I'll end with this last picture that I took on Wednesday. The girls had been driving me nuts, and it just seemed to capture the moment perfectly. It pretty much sums up summer.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment