Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

There is one more week of school before summer vacation.  I am both excited for it and dreading it.  It will be great to not have work stress for awhile, but stay-at-home-mom stress is no joke either (especially now that Maya is acting more and more like a TWO-YEAR-OLD. OMG). 

And I'm going to have a lot more time to start processing everything that has happened, which will probably be really hard.  I have really not had the chance to do much real processing since I have been back and work full time and parenting the rest of the time. 

So summer could be interesting.

But anyway.  The weekend.

Some of Saturday was low-key at home and some was hanging out downtown.

Remember when I said Maya was acting like her almost age?  The bottom picture was after she
threw a fit because I wouldn't let her walk into the busy street by herself.  She was not happy with me.
Callie had her dance "show" and let G-ma, Pa and Auntie Cat come, but they COULD NOT look at her. 

She was having a rough morning, so I texted the elevator picture to Chris, with the caption: It is hard to believe someone
so cute can be such a nightmare.  His response was, "Yup."
On Saturday night, I was able to spend some good one-on-one time with my mom.  We worked on her puzzle, drank wine, ordered in a delicious dinner, and then went to the MN Orchestra concert. 


My mom got a lot of waves and blown kisses from the musicians.  And one of the flutists came to see us before the concert, and gave each of us one of these little gold hearts.  She said they were for our pockets, so we could feel them and remember that we are loved.  So sweet.  The concert was beautiful and emotional.  I'm very glad I went.

Today was pretty low key.  We all went to church for the last day of Sunday School for the year.  Then we played outside and goofed around, and did the usual lazy Sunday stuff.

As you can see, Maya was trying to put her own sock on because we are in the
"I DO IT" phase, which is just in time for summer.  That girl is giving us a run
for our money.  Even when she is naughty she is adorable, so that is going to
become a big problem, because she knows it.
G-ma and Pa picked Callie up this afternoon for an adventure at one of the lakes and out for pizza.  What a lucky girl!


As June starts tomorrow, I'd like to ask for continued prayers for our family.  June will be a difficult month, as my dad's 60th birthday is tomorrow, my parents' wedding anniversary is on the 12th, and then Father's Day later in the month. 

Thank you for your continued love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment