This has been a tough day. My dad would have been 60 today. For a few days I have been trying to figure out what in the world to post here for his birthday.
And I decided to bring it back to what he has always been on this blog. The past month I have been referring to him as "my dad," when in the past 5 years he has only been known on here as Bops.
So I started thinking about my favorite memories of him with each of the girls (with tears streaming down my face) and was able to find pictures to go along with each memory.
If you were at his funeral, you heard this story about him and Callie. Last summer we were walking downtown when all of a sudden all the sprinklers went on in the park. Bops and Callie headed straight into the water streams and got completely soaked. You can tell by the picture how much fun they were having together.
What I remember most about Maya and Bops was that we used to call her his Mini-Me. She shares his name (her middle name is Leigh) and when she was a baby they did look pretty similar...
You can see his love for her written all over his face.
While writing this, I had so many more memories pop into my head, and I hope that as this blog continues I'll be able to share those memories.
About a week ago Callie disappeared up to her room. I assumed she was playing, like she usually does, but a few minutes later she came down to give me this.
She titled it "My Memories of Bops."
In case you need some translation, here is what it says:
"He loves me and he likes to wrestle and he likes to hold me upside down."
I know that Maya probably won't remember him, but I really hope that Callie will.
To celebrate his birthday, the girls and I got some balloons, wrote notes and attached them to the strings...
...and sent them up to him in heaven.
Callie was a little concerned about how they were going to reach him, but then was able to reason with herself that since God is up there, He will be able to bring them to Bops Himself.
We hope you got the royal treatment today, Bops. We sure do love you and miss you down here.



No comments:
Post a Comment