Monday, May 25, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a long weekend, so my wrap-up is on a Monday. Also, I am blogging from my phone and it seems like the formatting is weird, but I'm too lazy to hop on the laptop to fix it...sorry!

It was a pretty low-key weekend, actually. 

On Saturday Callie had a private dance class...because no one else showed up! It was nice for her to get some extra love and attention, and I got to talk to Ms. Connie for awhile.


G-ma and Pa kept the girls for the afternoon while Chris was golfing, so I had some free time. I decided it was time to go for a run for the first time in 3.5 weeks. I found a new path to take, so that was nice. It was lovely.


I felt fine physically, but pretty rough emotionally. All I could think about at the end of my run was when my Dad ran along side me towards the end of my full marathon, trying to get my butt in gear to finish. It is a fantastic memory to have, but heartbreaking at the same time. But I did it, and now am confident I'll be able to train for the half marathon at the end of August I had already signed up for.

The only other picture I have from Saturday is this gem:


Sweet girls.

On Sunday they continued being sweet in matching pigtails.


And then at the mall:


Chris and I went on a dinner date that night. Thanks for babysitting, Auntie Cat! We went to a place that makes their own mozzarella. It was delicious!


Today has been spent at home with this goofball and her sister.



This afternoon was the first try at a new normal. My mom, sisters, and Craig came over for the afternoon. It is the first time we have all been together (except Josh) since Mother's Day, probably. 

We spent a lot of time outside.





And we grilled and had dinner out on the deck.



And it was good to be together. But weird and sad.


And finally the sun came out.


Hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment