Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This Week

This is the afternoon of the sixth day that Dad has been gone. It is hard to imagine that it has already been that long.

Tonight we begin the process of saying goodbye. We will go to the funeral home and see his body before it gets creamated. There are so many emotions and mostly my heart is screaming to not go. But my mind knows that in order to start this process- in order to believe that this awful thing really happened- I have to go.

I want you to know that we have felt the prayers and love that so many have been sending our way. We know we are in the hearts and minds of many and are so grateful for all of the love and support. 

Though I have not had my camera as readily available as usual, I have managed to get some pictures.








This week will be a whirlwind of grief and family and exhaustion and friends and peace.

And gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment