I'm sure many people have heard the sad news that my dad passed away suddenly yesterday at the age of 59.
There are no words to explain how my family and I are feeling. But during this intense time of grief, one thing we do feel is overwhelming gratitude for having a dad/husband/father-in-law/Bops who meant so much to so many people. We also feel overwhelming gratitude for the outpouring of love and support we have received in the two short days he has been gone.
Information about the visitation and service will be available in the Star Tribune on Sunday, with a full obituary on Tuesday.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. They have brought us comfort and peace and we truly are grateful.
I'd like to leave you with an article
that was posted about my dad today.

Kati... I have kept up with your blog off and on over the years since having my own little one. It was also a good way to sometimes catch glimpses into the lives of the Wicks kids, as their blog is updated much less frequently, and to learn from a veteran mom! I heard of your loss last night from David's parents. I'm sorry to know you are having to confront this, I cannot even imagine. I do hope this space can be whatever you need it to be, I will continue to read and support you! We are sending your family light and love... blessed be on this journey. -Sarah
ReplyDeleteKati... I have kept up with your blog off and on over the years since having my own little one. It was also a good way to sometimes catch glimpses into the lives of the Wicks kids, as their blog is updated much less frequently, and to learn from a veteran mom! I heard of your loss last night from David's parents. I'm sorry to know you are having to confront this, I cannot even imagine. I do hope this space can be whatever you need it to be, I will continue to read and support you! We are sending your family light and love... blessed be on this journey. -Sarah
ReplyDelete