Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Bucket List- Revisited

Well, there is just a weekend before the end of summer.  I can't even believe how quickly it went and am struggling to wrap my brain around going back to the craziness of working full time again.

On June 6th I blogged about my Summer Bucket List.

Let's revisit it, shall we, and see how we did.

1.  Enjoy the back yard.
I think we did that pretty well.  At least the first part of the summer before it got ridiculously hot all the time.


2. Have family meals.  X
It was the second year in a row in which that goal was a big fat fail.  But we were so busy that we just continued our, um, talent of being really good at eating in other places. 


3. Survive potty training.  ✓✓
You may have been following along with the recent potty training adventures.  If not, you can catch up by reading this. Then this.  Followed by this.  And finally, this!!!!  But then this.

It has been rough, and we aren't quite there yet, but I know we will indeed survive.


4. Travel. 
We had GREAT trips this summer.  Between my trip to Mexico, the trip to Colorado with me, Callie, Boom, and Bops, and the trip up to camp with the whole Gosselin clan, I'd say we were well traveled.


5. Enjoy each moment.  ✓ ✓ ✓
I think I can safely say we accomplished this goal too.  This was a fantastic summer.  Though we had our share of challenges as we continued to navigate the land of toddlerhood, when I look back on the summer all I can do is smile.  

The best part about the summer was how much time I got to spend with my girl...just the two of us.  I'll be honest, there were some days when I wanted to rip my hair out after the 16th tantrum.  But MAN did we have fun together!


The other best part about summer was the time we got to spend as a family doing fun, summery things.


Besides the obvious fun stuff, one of the things about summer that I'm going to miss the most is our lazy mornings...where she comes in our bed and I get to stare at this sweet face for a few quiet moments before the craziness of the day begins.


Now we face yet another transition.  I look forward to fall and all that it will bring, and am thankful for the sweet memories of summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment