Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Where's-the-Poop? Edition

I apologize in advance for the amount of poop talk you're about to read.

Yep.  We spent all weekend waiting for poop...since by Friday it had already been 48 hours and counting since the last one.

All.  Weekend.  Waiting.  For.  Toddler.  Poop.

Fun times.  But we also stayed busy.

Friday

Callie and I spent the morning at the zoo with the Wicks family and their friend Michelle and her baby Elena.

Buddies

We rode a camel!

Three of the four girls...Baby Kylie was sleeping

After nap time we swung over to see the Ericksons for some poop distraction.  Casey has been a great cheerleader and support through this whole potty training adventure, so it was great to see her in person to chat instead of over the phone and texting!  And Callie always loves playing with Ciri and Gianni.

Cute girls
Saturday

We had a lazy morning doing...guess...???  Waiting for poop!

Mr. Bear used to help, but not lately
So after a few failed attempts, we headed to do some shopping and choo choo riding at Southdale.

Happy little non-pooper
After nap time Mari came over, and after a few more failed attempts, we headed to the Castle Park.  You may remember it from this poop debacle.  At this point, I didn't even care if we had another blow-out.  No such luck, but we did have some fun playtime.






Sunday

Still no poop, but WIDE AWAKE at 6:15am.  That's almost 2 hours earlier than her normal wake-up time this summer.  She must sense that summer is over.  And we had a BUSY day to boot.  We spent the first part of the morning walking around Lake Nokomis with our friends Josh and Alison and Alison's family to remember and honor her mom on her 60th birthday.  It was a beautiful morning for a walk, and a few times Callie took the lead by running ahead of the big group.


After the walk we headed to church to see Baby Mabel get baptized.  Callie loved watching the baptism and actually knowing the people at the front of the church!

Then came nap time.  It was a lovely, quiet 2 hours.  Then somehow I didn't hear her get out of bed, but heard her coming down the stairs.  With a pull up FULL of poop.  I asked here where she pooped and she proudly replied "YOUR bed, Mommy!"  I ran up there and, sure enough, I could tell she had gotten up on our bed with her blankies and animals.  Who knows how long she had been there!  But I was just relieved that the poop was out.  Now we start the cycle again...sigh...

We ended the day with some time at Boom and Bops' house and then a Lynx game.

Looking at some of Bops' "treasures" from his school days
SOOO excited to see Prowl again!

Go Lynx!
I'll end with a Lynx game QOTD.  It may give you an indication as to how, er, expressive Chris is when watching basketball.

As we were walking out, Callie said, "Don't yell at the basketball players, okay Daddy?"

He made sure that she understood that he wasn't yelling AT them, he was cheering FOR them.  I'm not sure she understood.

So there you have it...the last Weekend Wrap-Up of the summer.  Bring on the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment