I heard people on the radio this morning talking about their summer bucket lists, so I thought I'd start my own. With the school year (finally) over, except for teacher clean-up day tomorrow, I've been thinking ahead to what I want to accomplish this summer. Here's the start of my list.
1. Enjoy the backyard.
Mary and Chris' cousin Andrew will be coming over next week for a couple days to make it look amazing. I can't wait, and am so thankful that we'll have another place to play. G-ma has fun yard things planned for Callie! Way more fun that this slide, as fun as it is.
2. Have family meals. At our house. At our table. All at the same time.
It is sad, but true, that this does not happen very often. I know that last summer one of my goals was to cook more, and I failed miserably. I'm trying it again. Wish me luck. At this point there are about three things to make that please all three of us. Hopefully I'll find more.
3. Survive potty training.
I dread the process but look forward to the results.
4. Travel.
We have a couple of trips planned already, and I hope to get a couple more little weekend trips to fun places planned as well.
5. Enjoy each moment.
Cheesy, I know. But time goes so fast. We got to start our summer break enjoying a double rainbow and playing in the rain. I hope the rest of the summer brings memories as special as this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment