So...here goes!
The gold medal for the BIGGEST POTTY AVOIDER goes to...
| CALLIE JOY! |
| MOMMY! |
| CALLIE JOY! |
| MOMMY! |
The gold medal for the MOST STUBBORN GOSSELIN GIRL EVER goes to...
| It's a TIE!!! |
In all seriousness, this has been the most challenging few days I've experienced being a parent. And the hard part is knowing what to do. Some people say give up and try again later. Others say suck it up and power through. I don't know what the best thing to do is, but we're giving this thing all we got until we got nothing left.
She has only had 1 accident in the past 30 hours. She really does know how to stay dry. She doesn't want to wear diapers again, I straight up asked her that today. But she FREAKS OUT when she has to go and actually pee in the potty chair (irritatingly enough, she has no problem sitting there if all she has to do is watch a potty video on the iPad). So it is just this weird physical or emotional wall we have to break through...that I'm hoping will just happen with trying over and over again. Once she actually does the act of peeing, she is totally fine and relishes in the rewards (sticker on the sticker chart, sticker on the iPad chart, a toy from the potty treasure box, AND a treat...ridiculous, right?).
The poop may be another story, but we're working on it.
I have 13 days until I go back to work. I need it...want it...desperately hope it will be done by then.
UPDATED AT 8:30pm
We made a breakthrough tonight! She peed immediately after sitting on the potty chair WITHOUT freaking out, and then later POOPED on the potty chair...again without freaking out!!!!!
I can't even begin to describe how amazing that is.
As I was hugging and kissing her and laughing and smiling, we had the following exchange.
Me: Callie, I am SOOOO proud of you!!!
Callie: I'm proud of you too, Mommy.
Melt. My. Heart.
And check out the sticker she chose for her poop poster. Out of all the "Way to Go!"s and "Great Job"s and "Fantastic"s, she happened to chose this one:
| Yep, that says "Hope" |
Okay, Potty Training Bootcamp Day #4 tomorrow, BRING IT ON.
Do you or I wear diapers? Nope. One day she won't either. Promise.
ReplyDeleteYay for breakthroughs! It sounds like you are on the right track, and you are a good mommy. She'll get it. It sounds like you are being very consistent which is the key to, well, everything when it comes to kids. Keep up the good work! (Sometimes with all of our cheering on the little ones, it's nice to have someone else say it to us too.)
ReplyDelete