It is that time of year again when weekends become awesome.
And since it is the first Friday of the school year, and since I last blogged about getting older, I thought I'd share a QOTD today from one of my students that made me feel old.
While reading a poem, a boom box was referenced. I attempted to explain what that was.
Me: A boom box is, um, a big black box. With speakers. And a tape deck. Do you know what that is? (child nods, I'm relieved) And you listen to your tapes, but if you want to hear a certain song you have to push the fast forward button. And it doesn't bring you right there like CDs and iPods, you have to push play and see where you are at and keep going.
Student: That sounds like really hard work.
How's that for hilarious? Have a great labor day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment