I don't know what the deal is, but this week Callie and I have been extremely out of synch. I'm guessing it has something to do with my growing anxiety about going back to work and leaving her again, or possibly the continued potty training struggles, but we are like oil and water.
Ever since Monday, the potty training has been a nightmare again. I don't get it because she HAD it last week.
The battles are ridiculous. The girl just thinks that she doesn't ever need to poop, but since she DOES in fact have to poop, she doesn't want to go on the potty at all so she DOESN'T poop.
And the frustration with those battles seem to carry over into everything else- meal time, nap time, all the time. Our stubborn streaks are on display...against each other...24/7.
Chris is a great mediator, but it also means that when we're deep into battle, she starts screaming for him. And it leaves me feeling like the mean one. The bad cop. The terrible mom. All the time.
I keep telling myself it is just her helping me out...making me really want to go back to work. And I gotta say, if that is her intention, she is doing a darn good job.
So I'm going to continue to do my best to have never-ending patience and try really hard to cherish the good moments, even if they are few.
And to cheer myself up, and entertain you guys, I thought I'd post a couple videos I've taken the past week. They show a crazy little girl with lots of spunk and personality. A little girl that has my heart, even when she is being the oil to my water.
No comments:
Post a Comment