Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Anniversay to Nana and Papa!

Today is a very special day. Chris' grandparents (Nana and Papa) are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary!!! Congrats!


And now, a glimpse into our evenings lately:

It may be obnoxious to others, but we call naps and bedtime sleepies. As in, "Callie, are you ready for sleepies?" or (when she's supposed to be sleeping but is instead standing up in her crib and laughing in our faces) "No, it is time for sleepies."

Tonight it was just Cal and me at home for the road to sleepies, so I thought I'd take a few snippets of video to showcase the journey. If you have a few minutes,

7:07 (T-Minus 53 minutes until sleepies)

Tonight Pt. 1 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.


7:10 (T-Minus 50 minutes until sleepies)

Tonight Part 2 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.


7:54 (T-Minus 6 minutes until sleepies)

Tonight Pt 3 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.


When 8:00 rolled away, there was NO sign of tiredness. No eye rubs. No passy/blankie searches. So playing continued.

8:11 (11 Minutes AFTER usual sleepies)

Tonight Pt. 4 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.


Shortly after the last video, my Mommy stubbornness kicked in and I put her to bed.

She had other plans.

9:01 (1 hour, 1 minute AFTER usual sleepies)

Tonight Pt. 5 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.


9:17- Silence. I win.

4 comments:

  1. So does bedtime get worse as she gets older, or has she always been one to stay up late? At least our babies are still young enough to be confined to their cribs and not running in and out of bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...If only I knew how precious sleep was pre-mommyhood. I miss going to bed at 10pm in my nice little Dieseth room with your little fan blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look you got when you hinted that it might be sleepie time - was pure Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa- I would definitely say bedtime is becoming more of a challenge these days, but that is because she was a PHENOMENAL sleeper for so long that we weren't used to her putting up a fight. :)

    Melissa- Roommate Match made in heaven: Us asleep at 10 while everyone else was just STARTING their homework. :)

    Kathy- Totally!

    ReplyDelete