Sunday, July 5, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm gonna be honest here and say THANK GOODNESS this weekend is over.  Between crabby Maya and a tough first holiday without my Dad, I'm ready to just move on to next week. I really hope the teething situation improves, because the grief part sure isn't. 

But anyway, we did still manage to have some fun.

Saturday- 4th of July

In the morning we went to a parade with Boom.  As you can see in the top left picture, the girls were fairly cranky at first, but once the parade started, they enjoyed themselves.  Afterwards we went to lunch.


We spent the afternoon/evening out with Chris' friend Adam and some of his friends.  We went on a pontoon ride (Maya was not a fan of the life jacket) and hung out by their lake.  The girls played with Adam's daughter, Maeve, who is a little younger than Maya.  Callie spent much of the evening hanging out with the other people she didn't know instead of us.  She is getting more and more outgoing...she is getting so big I don't even recognize her sometimes!


We had the girls home and in bed by 8:00 and didn't see fireworks.  I saw some from our house on Friday night, and it was difficult. The last time I saw fireworks was New Years Eve in Aruba with my dad. 

Sunday

We went to church in the morning and then spent the afternoon downtown.  We spent time with Boom and Auntie Yoda.  Boom even got out her flute for the first time in 10 weeks.  It was really nice to hear her play again.  She was very brave...


We stopped by to see Elliott, and pictures really don't do her and the girls justice.  It is way cuter to actually see them interact, so I took a couple of videos.


IMG 8310 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

IMG 8312 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Chris went golfing tonight, so the girls and I went on a HOT wagon ride.  With some sunrays to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment