You guys, I don't even know what to say about it besides it is so hard.
Our support system is amazing but it is so hard.
We have no regrets or guilt or family issues but it is so hard.
Good things happen every day but it is so hard.
Every day there are sunrays but it is so hard.
Awhile ago I put out a request for people to send me pictures of sunrays and the sky that they find. I got pictures from around here, as well as Wisconsin, NYC, and even Hawaii. So I thought I'd share them today (along with some quotes that spoke to me), as a reminder that things are hard, but people are thinking about us and praying for us every day.
| "He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade." -Samuel Johnson |
| "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." -Louisa May Alcott |
| "If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm." -Frank Lane |
| "Joys come from simple and natural things: mists over meadows, sunlight on leaves, the path of the moon over water." -Sigurd Olson |
| "I do hope that our spring will be starting shortly and we will all be able to enjoy some sunshine again." -Lesley Garrett |
We all went out to dinner at my dad's country club tonight...the first time since he died. I'll admit that my dread for the evening was significant, as was the mini panic attack I had in the car on the way there. But we made it, and had a really lovely time. And as we walked out, we got a nice view of the city in the sunset.
It doesn't feel like "spring" yet, but we'll just keep hanging on to the sunshine that we can find.
No comments:
Post a Comment