Happy Sunday everybody.
As you probably know, on Sundays I do my weekend wrap-up. Well, this weekend was mostly spent either in the car or managing tantruming children coming down from a vacation high, so I figured that most of this post will be of our trip.
There were some moments today that were pleasant...the girls and I walked to the park this morning. And Auntie Cat came over to make us dinner and play tonight. I'm thankful for the fun moments in the midst of exhausted meltdowns. :)
On to DuNord! In case you missed my first post yesterday, here it is.
Camp days consist of walking around, eating, going to the beach, hiking, laying by the lake, resting, chasing around children, participating in camp games, and enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Therefore, it doesn't really make sense to do posts that focus on the chronological order of the week. Instead, I have my pictures broken into different categories, which I'll begin sharing with you tonight.
I'll start by saying that it is about a 5 hour car trip up there, which is way longer than either of our girls have really gone in a car before (Callie has been to DuNord twice before, but that's it. We don't really road trip). Callie traveled with G-ma, Pa, and Auntie Cat (and Hanna on the way home). Maya, Chris, Boom and I traveled together in our car. It wasn't super fun, but we made the best of it by stopping for food, stopping at rest stops and trying to get some naps.
We arrived at our destination around 4:30pm on Saturday the 18th. Our cabin, Lynx Lodge, was ready and waiting for us. We spent a lot of great family time in this cabin, especially on the awesome deck.
I'll end tonight's post with pictures of the lake. It is beautiful. And fascinating how different it can look, depending on the day and time. Here are a couple panoramic pictures I took of the same spot on the lake.
And some more shots of the beautiful water and clouds.
Up next: all the adult activities we were able to do while the girls were with their age groups and counselors every morning!
I put some photos on facebook, not nearly as many as I have. So make sure to come back for more pictures and stories!
Have a great week.






No comments:
Post a Comment