Chris, the girls, my mom and I just spent the last seven days up in the north woods at Camp DuNord with the whole Gosselin clan: G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, and Hanna.
It was wonderful and hard and exhausting and inspiring and relaxing and everything in between. A writer and blogger I follow, Glennon Melton, would call the experience BRUTIFUL: a combination of beautiful and brutal.
It was beautiful because of WHERE we were. The surroundings were breathtaking and the weather was pretty perfect. It was also beautiful because of WHO we were with. My wonderful in-laws were amazing and caring and kind and supportive of us and our grief.
It was brutal, as you can imagine, because of WHO was missing. A lot of the time up there was spent talking about and thinking about my dad. It was brutal because he was supposed to be there with us, in person, too.
It was brutal, as you can imagine, because of WHO was missing. A lot of the time up there was spent talking about and thinking about my dad. It was brutal because he was supposed to be there with us, in person, too.
So my first (of probably many) DuNord posts will showcase the sunrays of the north woods. I found many, because I couldn't stop looking up.
Stay tuned for more posts. As usual, I have a bunch of pictures and stories to share.
| Shining through a window of our cabin in the late afternoon. |
| Glistening on the spectacular lake before sunset. |
| Peeking out over the trees early in the morning. |
| Shining through the trees AND the lake in the evening. |
| Reflecting on a different part of the lake in the morning. |
| Shining down on our deck in the afternoon. |
| Gleaming up with clouds in the sky all day. |
| Watching over us all week long. |
No comments:
Post a Comment