So our mudroom ceiling currently looks like this:
Huh, you might say to yourself. I wonder why they have holes in their ceiling?
Let me tell you what happened. It was a string of unfortunate events leading up to one big catastrophe.
Around 1:15, nap time rolled around. Callie actually napped both Monday and Tuesday, and since she had preschool today I figured she'd be tired enough to nap today too. But after about 15 minutes she came down asking if she could have quiet time instead.
I decided not to fight the battle. So I went upstairs, put the timer on, and went back downstairs to try and get Maya to sleep. She was doing great and playing with her toys.
Then Maya got fussy and I stopped paying attention to the monitor.
BIG MISTAKE.
After about 5 minutes I got Maya calmed down and started feeding her, and I heard the water running upstairs. I yelled at Callie to turn it off, which in turn made Maya upset again, so I decided to just finish feeding her and then check on the three-year-old. The water did not stop but I figured she was just playing in the sink like she likes to do sometimes.
BIG MISTAKE.
Five minutes later I decided to end the feeding early because I STILL heard the water. I came up to find this:
You can't really see it, but there is a TON of standing water on the bathroom floor, and as you can see, the water also seeped out into the carpet outside the bathroom. Her shirt is soaked and she isn't wearing pants or undies. She spent at least the ten minutes that I was dealing with Maya downstairs, dumping full cups of water onto the floor. Just for fun. She also managed to dump some in her room.
Chris got home shortly after (thank goodness), talked to G-pa, and within an hour or so he and Chris were drilling holes in the ceiling trying to figure out the extent of the damage.
G-ma took Callie since Chris and I were BEYOND pissed, and I took Maya and went out to eat with Adrea (who unfortunately for her had to witness almost the entire debacle).
Needless to say, we talked to Callie about how she was really in trouble. Her iPad privileges are gone until the ceiling is fixed. TROUBLE.
After I picked her up tonight, we were driving home and the Taylor Swift song "Trouble" came on. I just started laughing and I couldn't stop. Partly because of how we had talked about how she was in TROUBLE, and partly because I couldn't stop picturing the screaming goats version of the song.
Haven't seen it? Here you go:
So there's the story. Thanks to G-ma and G-pa for swooping in and helping us out when we were in crisis mode. Family rocks.
I hope your Wednesday evening ended without you getting holes in your ceiling, because it really kinda sucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment