Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bottles

I've kind of been at a loss about what to post this week.  Callie started extended day preschool so she was gone all day Monday and today.  Yesterday was a great day.  No major screaming fits or attitude... just a pleasant day and we had fun.

Since Callie was gone I spent a lot of Monday and today holding a sleeping baby.  Which means I watched a lot of Netflix and laid on our bed. 

And I'll be honest...I was a little bit bored!  I've been so used to the fast paced world of living with a preschooler, that just having to take care of a sleeping baby was...well...calm.

I'm sorry, future Maya, I don't mean you are boring, I just felt very strange being "forced" to lay in bed and hold you.  (Because remember your sleeping rules? You still hold fast to needing to do most of your napping in someone's arms).

But don't get me wrong, baby snuggles are THE BEST.  So I'll take as much as I can get, and I'm thankful to have this one-on-one time with baby #2.

Speaking of baby #2, she has ZERO interest in bottles.

Gulp.


We've tried different kinds of bottles.  We've tried it with me out of the house.  We've tried it when she's hungry.  We've tried it when she's not.  We've tried it when holding her.  We've tried it with her on her pink chair.

No matter what, we're met with either screaming resistance, or playing around not sucking.



So we have less than 3 weeks to get this figured out, or it is going to be a TOUGH transition when I go back to work.

Why is it that the only other things that go in her mouth she will suck on (almost) immediately, but will just gum or ignore the bottle EVERY SINGLE TIME?

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to send them our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment