Friday: After a long week, we went to the dog park and hung out at home. We needed some family chill time.
I had a haircut on Thursday, and had Chris bring Callie to the end of my appointment so that she could get used to the atmosphere in hopes that we could have her get a haircut soon (see pictures above...shaggy hair!). It did not go well. I think she was freaked out by the cape thing I had on, and when she saw me she immediately snuggled into Chris and got the big tears sliding down her cheeks. So...on Friday night I tried to do a little hair trim of my own. Fail. I was too chicken to do much, but what I did do looked a little ridiculous. Luckily, when her hair dried, it was fine.
 |
| Before |
 |
| After. |
Saturday: The morning was spent
at the fair. The rest of the day was spent at the condo, going out to dinner, and exploring a new path to the Mississippi River. It was so nice to have lots of family time.
 |
| Toddler hair is serious business with Auntie Wawa |
 |
| Yum! Punch Pizza! |
 |
| Our beautiful city |
 |
| Auntie Wowie |
Sunday: We found out some bad news early Sunday morning. Cherilyn called to say that Dave had some problems overnight and was admitted back into the hospital. So they weren't able to fly home. After a bunch of tests, they found out that there isn't any infections or anything (thank goodness) but it was still a big disappointment for everyone that they weren't able to come home. So hopefully the next day or two will go well so that they can indeed return soon. Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
As for the day, we went to church and back to the condo. Then we stopped by Mari's place for a few minutes before heading home. She had fun watching for "Choo-Choos", playing on Mari's roommate Kelsey's trampoline. And doing cartwheels with Auntie Laura.
Cartwheels from
Baby Goose on
Vimeo.
Sunday evening I had a much needed girls' night with a few of my friends, so Chris and Callie hung out with Andy and Charlie. And Callie got some kisses out of the deal.
A Kiss for Callie from
Baby Goose on
Vimeo.
Monday: We went downtown to do some shopping and have lunch, and had to say goodbye to Auntie Laura. After nap time we headed to Target and bought food so we could actually eat at home! So we made Callie's new favorite:
 |
| YUM! |
Whew! Busy! Now onto the real school year. Students come tomorrow. I have a feeling that the fall is going to fly by.
No comments:
Post a Comment