Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Pray

Those that know us well know that we're not exactly good at eating at home.  Or positively stated, we're really good at eating out. 

Obviously, with a 20-month-old, that is not ideal.  But after the craziness of the past few weeks, we were getting REALLY bad at not eating at home.  Like, until yesterday, I can't really remember the last time we DID eat at home. 

Anyway, the point of this it that we're trying really hard to do better.  So far, we're 2 for 2.  Last night we had sandwiches and corn-on-the-cob and tonight we had lasagna and salad. 

The best part of eating at home is that we have started to teach Callie to pray with us before our meal.  She folds her hands, we say the "Come Lord Jesus..." and then start eating.  About a minute later she signs for more, folds her hands, and says "I Pray."  So now during our meals we do a bunch of prayers, while trying to get her to actually eat her food when her hands aren't folded.

Next step, is working on the "Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment