Wednesday, September 21, 2011

An MRI Update

Post by Chris:

So I know some people have been waiting for an update from me about the results from my MRI. Well after harassing my doctors office for three straight days, they finally called me back with my results. The results came back that I have a torn rotator cuff.



The Supraspinatus muscle on the top of the shoulder is the one I tore. The doctor said that it was a partial tear, and that it is almost 2/3 of the way torn. I was referred to a orthopedic surgeon for an assessment on my options for recovery. I will meet with Dr. Freehill this Friday at 1 p.m. to discuss whether I need surgery or just physical therapy to repair the torn muscle. After that meeting I should be able to give a better update. As far as the other guys go, Big Dave had all of his drainage tubes removed from his stomach and is doing well with recovery. However, he did develop a case of shingles, and that seems to bother him the most now. I did get a chance to take Dave out to dinner last night, which was really good to do something normal with him. Nik has been seeing a Neurological Specialist and they have recommended that he not go back to work for another 6 weeks. Nik is also still recovering from his 6 broken ribs and broken sternum, and also turning the big 3-0 last weekend. Nate is back at work with the NAVY and will have his wrist in a cast for another 4 weeks. Tomorrow marks the 4 week anniversary of our crash, and it is hard to believe that it was already that long ago. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers, and I always send your well wishes along to the other guys.


Also if you never saw a picture of our car, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment