Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up: Happy Birthday MorMor!

Today is MorMor's birthday!  We love you MorMor!
I love this picture!
 We had a crazy busy weekend.

Saturday: I ran a 10K race with my friend Alison, benefiting Park Nicollet's Cancer Center.  Alison's mom is currently a patient there, so I was so glad to run and raise money for the center and for "Team Deb."
My little cheerleader came too!
After the race we stopped by "Woofstock" in Linden Hills.  The street was blocked off and there were tons of stands for various doggie products and services.  Callie loved it because there were doggies EVERYWHERE!  Kona loved it because...there were doggies EVERYWHERE!
Playing a game- she won a pink purse!

Petting the puppies!

Kona being high maintenance and drinking out of a cup instead of the public water bowl.

Showing off the new pink purse and newly decorated bandana.
After naptime, Callie and I went to Southdale for a girls' shopping trip.  We shared a delicious smoothie.
Mango Strawberry...delicious!
On Saturday night we got to go visit Dave, Cherilyn and Sydney!  I think I forgot to mention that they all flew home on Wednesday night.  It was so great to see them, and Cherilyn's parents as well.  Callie and Sydney had fun playing together as usual.



Sunday: MorMor's birthday!  We went to brunch this morning.
After brunch and naptime, we stopped  by Ciri's 3rd birthday party.
We are very excited that Ciri will be getting a little brother or sister in early November!

After the birthday party we headed downtown to go to dinner and have more birthday celebrations.  Callie enjoyed helping MorMor open her gifts- especially the Legos that she got her (at MorMor's request!).

After some spice cake we headed home for bed.  Now I'm exhausted, doing laundry and mentally preparing myself for the week.  Chris and I are watching a 9/11 special.  I remember being in my dorm room 10 years ago watching the news footage.  I can't believe it has been 10 years. 

Accident Update: We got some bad news this morning.  Dave got a fever overnight so they took him to the hospital.  He has an infection in his abdomen and he'll be in the hospital until they can get it figured out.  So, unfortunately, his recovery is still very difficult.  Nik is still on some serious pain meds due to his broken ribs and sternum, and working on recovery.  His short term memory is getting better, but he is frustrated by his slower processing speed.  Our friend Nate, who lives in Washington, ended up having a fractured wrist so he has to wear a cast for 6 weeks.  Chris went to get checked out last week, and the doctor recommended that he get an MRI on his left shoulder.  He's going in this Wednesday for that, and will find out if he has a torn rotator cuff.  If that is the case, it may require surgery.  Please continue to keep the guys in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment