Our weekend was filled with Easter-themed fun.
Saturday
We headed out for a gigantic Easter Egg hunt not too far from our house. The Wicks' came too, and we ended up running into Beth and Donald. There were THOUSANDS of eggs, split up into different areas based on age levels.
Once the kids (and parents) were told to go, there was a mad dash into the designated area. Some of the parents were totally hoarding eggs for their kids. It was a little ridiculous. But the kids had fun, so that's all that matters, right?
Auntie Cat came over on Saturday afternoon to play. Poor Auntie Cat...she ALWAYS has to share her food with the girls. Then we went to dinner with a bunny and a guacamole hoarder.
Sunday
EASTER! The Easter Bunny came and the girls got dressed up in their flower girl dresses. Maya was a little uneasy about everything, as you can see from the picture.
![]() |
| I have SO MANY outtakes from the Easter Dress photo session, I'll have to do a post just about outtakes sometime. That would be pretty funny. |
After a lovely church service, Boom, Bops, Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craigles, Bob, Barb, Laura, Auntie Mari, Josh, Uncle Dan and Hanna all came over to our house. We had appetizers, and then Callie decided to coordinate an Easter Egg hunt for everyone. She and I hid the eggs in our front yard, and she directed everyone outside, gave them instructions, and was generally adorable bossing lots of adults around.
We BBQ'd and had a nice time hanging out. Maya finally discovered that she could EAT what was in the Easter eggs, so that was exciting.
![]() |
| We drank Sangria from my Grandma's beautiful stemware. |
In the late afternoon, I went with my immediate family to go visit my grandparents' graves for the first time.
Last but not least, we decompressed back at home in our jammies. I realized that I never got a family picture when we were all dressed fancy, so we had to settle for a jammie selfie. Would that be a jammfie? A selmie?
I have one more day of spring break...Cal will be back at school so I'll get to spend the day with my Little Squish.










No comments:
Post a Comment