Friday, April 10, 2015

FTPDF

Happy Weekend!!! 

I got nothing more to say, so I'm just going to launch in updates on the girls.

I have been talking a lot about Maya's language development lately, but Callie's is also pretty amazing.  Last week when we were at the park with friends, Amanda and I were talking about nap time while pushing the girls on the swings.  At some point Callie piped in and said something like, "It isn't reasonable for 5-year-olds to take naps."  Reasonable?!?!?  Do 5-year-olds really use that word...in that context?  It was hilarious.  And her mind is just always going.  Today on our wagon ride, out of the blue she said, "Mommy, guess what I can do?  I can stand as STILL AS A STATUE!  Watch, I can sit as still as one too!" And then she expected me to watch her sit still in the wagon while I was pulling it. 

We have been working on her ability to wait for things and have patience.  She's still so egocentric and so when she wants something she needs it RIGHT NOW and will ask for it constantly until she gets it, no matter what we are doing.  So we are working on making her do more things independently (like cleaning, which is the one thing that her teacher said she still needs help with at her last conference).  Sometimes it is a tough balance to make sure we are helping her learn independence, versus just doing things for her to get them done quickly or more efficiently.  It's a learning curve for all of us.

Maya is hilarious.  I just can't get enough of her.  The biggest thing these days is her sleep habits.  Once she gets to sleep, she is fine and sleeps through the night (mostly).  But most nights she babbles in her crib for at least an hour before falling asleep.  Even when we try and put her to bed later.  It seems to be a habit for her now.  It is adorable and frustrating all at the same time.  Sometimes she wakes up at 5:30am and babbles for an hour then, too.  That isn't so adorable. 

The other thing about her is she is getting as picky as her sister.  Argh.  She refuses to eat a lot of things (at least at our house...she seems better at the grandparents'), but is still a die-hard guacamole fan.  Her love of avocados has not waned, and I'm thankful for that.

On to the pictures...

Favorite Thing #1: A library trip with two little readers

 
Favorite Thing #2: Crappy weather outside meant crazy time inside

 
Favorite Thing #3: Pictures from G-ma and Boom

 
Favorite Thing #4: Friday afternoon is finally nice!

 
Last but not least, we have a couple videos.  We have taken to having nightly dance parties this week.  They are super fun, and my Favorite Thing #5:

The pre-party:


IMG 6152 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

How'd you like that preschooler attitude? Whew!

Here's some dance party action:


IMG 6155 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment