Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Happy Easter Edition!

First off, I have a ridiculous picture and an adorable picture to wish you HAPPY EASTER!!

Two happy bunnies and a mad bunny.  I'll let you decide who is who.

Two sweet girls in their coordinating Easter outfits.
Don't let the sweet preschooler face fool you, she spent most of the weekend either totally ignoring me and Chris, or doing the exact opposite of what we said.  Have you ever felt invisible?  That was us.  ALL. WEEKEND. LONG.

But anyway...I'll get to the rest of Easter in a second.  Yesterday was a fun day too.

*Playing at home
*Playing at the neighbors' house (dogs included)
*Playing in the sandbox
*Driving at Lunds
*Playing bocce ball in the rain with Bops, Yoda and Craig
Last night we had a very important task to do- leave a note and jelly beans for Easter and Mrs. Bunny.  And then the Easter Bunny left some pretty nice baskets for the girls to find in the morning.

He also left them a nice note
There was A LOT of excitement about the Easter Bunny coming, so a certain preschooler was up WAY early.  She came into our room around 6am wanting to look for the Easter eggs, at which point I realized I forgot to actually hide the Easter eggs.  So I was able to convince her to go back up to her room for a little bit and then frantically (at 6am) hid about 15 eggs around our house.

The Easter Bunny and Mrs. Bunny's baskets and note were a hit with both girls.


We went to church, and yes, I took a selfie in church.  Maya loved looking around and listening to the brass instruments.  When they played loudly, she yelled gibberish to keep up.


Then we went to the condo for a wonderful meal, a fun egg game, and lovely time with family and friends.


The Egg Game: A competition to see whose egg won't crack.
Just make sure the eggs are ALL hardboiled...we learned that the lesson in
a pretty hilarious way.
P.S. I was the winner.
Then it was time to head to G-ma and G-pa's house for more family fun.  Someone needed a little snooze in the car.


The weather was BEAUTIFUL so we took advantage of it.  But first Callie had to find the Easter baskets hidden in the house!


Thanks to our families for a wonderful day!  Hope everyone else had a very happy Easter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment