Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

The very first picture I took this weekend was on our 8am trip to Target.  The girls' hair had not been brushed (obviously), Maya woke up with ANOTHER nasty cold, and I kept thinking how we were all just a little rough around the edges.

"Rough around the edges" is a good way to describe the weekend.  Good things happened in the middle, but uffda- especially with Maya- it was rough around the edges.

Saturday

We did our aforementioned Target run, and then Callie and I made a trifle for the evening's birthday festivities.

Right? ROUGH around the edges.
As if a cold wasn't enough to make her miserable, Maya took a window sill to her forehead later that morning.  So by 11:00am I had lunch out and let the girls watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on the iPad.  Maya hasn't had much experience watching things (because her sister always monopolizes the iPad and we don't watch much on the TV) so it was kind of exciting for her to see Mickey and friends come to life.

Poor baby
Maya napped at G-ma and G-pa's while I took Callie to dance.  It was the first day of the last session for the year, so Connie structured the class more like her kindergarten classes. 


One of the things she does is to have the kids perform what they learn each week for each other, in order to put a star sticker on a "Star Card" (otherwise known as a notecard with your name on it).  I wasn't sure what Cal would do when called upon to dance in front of everyone on her own, but she did great. 


IMG 5288 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

On Saturday evening we had an adults only (almost)  Gosselin-side birthday party for the boys.  The adults congregated at G-ma and G-pa's house for appetizers, wine tasting and dinner.  Then we headed to our house for dessert and games.  Boom and Bops had the girls for the first part and then dropped them off back home for dessert and bedtime.  A fun night was had by all!



Sunday

Maya...poor poor Maya...was definitely more than rough around the edges today.  She had moments where she wanted to play, but mostly she was cranky and wanted to be attached to me at all times.  Her nose was a freaking faucet and she didn't have much of an appetite.  She perked up the last half hour she was awake, and crashed hard tonight at bedtime. I hope she sleeps well.  She needs it.

Also?  I put her in pig tails this morning.  ADORABLE.
Callie and I met Boom, Auntie Yoda, G-ma and Auntie Cat at the movies this afternoon to see Cinderella.  As you can see, Callie put on her Cinderella PJs for the occasion, and brought along her Cinderella doll.  The movie ended up being a little more intense than a 5-year-old brain can probably handle, so she didn't say much about it afterwards.  I did ask her at bedtime if she liked the movie, and she said yes.  Her favorite part was when Cinderella fed the mice and when she danced with the prince.  It was a pretty typical 5-year-old answer! 


That's about it... except I feel myself getting all the germs and getting sick.  I'm sneezing and my throat is not happy with me.   There is one more week before spring break...So hopefully the week will go by quickly and we'll all get better ASAP.

Also, there is snow tonight.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment