Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Last Mexico MEGA-POST

We have come to the end of our Mexico pictures...I hope you have all enjoyed them.  I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already since we were there.  Time flies...

Anyway, on the Friday morning before the wedding, Craig's family treated all of us (all 70+ of us!) to a 4 hour catamaran ride on the ocean.  There was an open bar, snorkeling, and lunch.  It was amazing.  For most.  There was a handful of people who got pretty seasick because it was pretty choppy at times, but Chris and I did fine. 


The captain of the boat introduced us to the wedding tradition of tequila shots, so most people on the boat did one at the end of our ride.  And my dad continued that tradition throughout the weekend by ordering rounds of tequila shots at different events...I have never had so much tequila in my life!

On Friday night we had a big family dinner, and then hung out at one of the bars at the resort.  It was another fun gathering of lots of people who were there for the wedding.


On Sunday morning we checked out the beach.  Callie LOVED it...but Maya didn't so much.  She didn't like the sand touching her feet, which is the same way Cal was when she was her age.  So we didn't last long there with Maya, but Callie got to stay longer with Boom and Bops.


On Sunday afternoon we got to hang out with Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craig, Auntie Mari, Josh, and a bunch of their friends by the pool.  The girls had a blast eating chips and guacamole and playing with all the *much* cooler 20-somethings.


The last thing I'll talk about is the swimming pool and the cabana by the swimming pool.  We spent a lot of time there.  It had an awesome pirate ship with a few different slides.  The cabana was a big comfy shaded area that lots of us could congregate at throughout the day.  It was just perfect.

On Saturday morning it POURED down rain, but we didn't care!

Having fun in the water!

Hanging out by the pool in the cabana.
As you can see in the top middle picture, Callie met a little friend, Ivanna.  Ivanna didn't speak English, and Callie obviously doesn't speak Spanish, but they played together one morning for awhile anyway.  It was adorable!  Chris and I talked with her parents a little bit and they thought it was adorable too.

As for the travel to and from Mexico, it went pretty smoothly.  Maya napped for 2 hours on the way there.  On the way back, both girls slept most of the way (except for a 10 minute Maya screaming fit) because it was their bedtime. 

I got some pretty sunset shots on our way back home.
So there you have it.  Our Mexico adventure.

If anyone else wants to do a destination wedding, I know a couple little girls who make adorable flower girls.  Just let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment