Chris had reserve duty, but thankfully my family was over so Cal and I weren't alone when the scary part of the storm hit (including the power going out).
| Hanging out watching the crazy storm around 8pm after the power went out |
Anyway, so it was hot, and Chris ended up having to work until 3:30am, so there was not much sleep had by either of us. Thankfully, Callie slept through both Thursday and Friday nights' storms like a champ.
Our power came back on around 8:30am Saturday, and I realize how very lucky we are. Both of my sisters live in areas of Minneapolis that got hit really hard. Laura's power went on last night and Mari still doesn't have it. So I know we got really lucky just having it out for about 12 hours.
On Saturday we went over to G-ma and G-pa's house to welcome G-ma back from a long trip to California. Callie was happy to see her, and had fun playing with Auntie Cat in the closet. :)
Our friends Brent and Bethany came over and brought a delicious dinner on Saturday night...and we enjoyed hanging out in our very cool and air conditioned basement. :)
This morning Chris took Callie to the zoo, and then we met Dave and Cherilyn for brunch with the kiddos.
| Checking out the lynx |
| Silly girls |
| Go LYNX!!! |
Hamsie Update: 36 weeks. She is around 6 pounds and more than 18.5 inches long. Hopefully she is head down- she has been for awhile, but she has been moving around like crazy the past few days, so who knows. I go to the doctor on Friday, and then every Friday until she comes. We have a month (or less) to go and I'm starting to freak out big time. We really don't have anything ready, because we're going to be moving in a couple of weeks. We have no diapers. Haven't gone through any of Callie's baby clothes. I went online to schedule a tour of the brand new Mother and Baby Center at the hospital, and the first time we could get in was July 16th, a whopping 4 days before Hamsie is due. So...if she is early we may not even know where to go when I go into labor. I know it will all be fine, but my pregnancy hormone-laden brain keeps me up early in the morning worrying about all the things we haven't done yet. All the plans we haven't even made. Just all the things.
As for Callie, I think she is getting just as anxious to meet her as we are. Today when we were reading books and she was feeling Hamsie move, she said "Why do we have to wait til JULY for her to come out?"
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment