Saturday- Bops' birthday!
Callie and I headed to my school's 3rd annual 5K race in the morning. I managed to walk a fairly hilly course almost 2 miles pushing Callie in the stroller. I was EXHAUSTED the rest of the day, but it was nice to get out and be active again.
Before the race, a bunch of my co-workers and their kids were hanging out, so we took some pictures. It was fun to see, because we all started to work together BEFORE any of these kids came along. :)
After the race we headed over to G-ma and G-pa's house for some play time and nap time. There has been construction going on on our street for the past few weeks, and they were actually working yesterday, so nap time wasn't going to happen at our house with all of that noise. Callie got to see G-ma and G-pa's neighbors' 3-month-old baby Isaac and hang out with 3-year-old George.
We went to the condo on Saturday night for Bops' birthday party, and then there was the Lynx game.
| Crazy Man's birthday cake |
Today was the last day of Sunday school (**tear!**) so there was an outdoor celebration that included and bouncy house and face painting. It was so much fun teaching the Sunday school classes every other week this year. The kids grew up so much...they are all so much bigger than they were in September! We're going to miss seeing everyone this summer.
| Callie bouncing with her buddy Liam |
| A rainbow to match her dress |
![]() |
| The kitchen: Before...........................During.......................................After! |
![]() |
| The office: Before..............................During.............................................After! |
The rooms are obviously not put back together yet, but we will do that tomorrow once the paint is totally dry.
Hamsie Update: 33 weeks! She's a little over 4 pounds and over 17 inches. Whoa. I'm definitely feeling it. Seriously, I feel HUGE. And there are still 7ish weeks to go. My feet and hands get puffy and swollen periodically so I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings for weeks. Because she's getting so big, we can see her move a lot more on the outside, and when you press on my stomach, you can oftentimes feel random body parts. Not sure what they are ever, but you can tell something is definitely there. Her most active time is usually 5:15am or so. She goes nuts. And then goes nuts on and off throughout the day, especially after I eat.
We tried discussing names this week and were not successful. I think I may need to broaden my horizons and go beyond a "K" name, since EVERY "K" name I suggested my dear husband shot right down (though, to be fair, I only suggested "K" names). Sooooo...that's where we are at. Completely unprepared in pretty much all aspects of new-baby-land. Hopefully Hamsie intends to stay in there until we are ready for her. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment