Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lynx Game QOTD

We went to the (first half of the) Lynx home opener tonight!  It was so fun to be back at the Target Center as a family, cheering on our favorite basketball players- Maya, Linsdey, Simone, Monica, Rebekah, etc... And Chris even had an NBA sighting- Kevin Durant was sitting on the baseline!

But, of course, Callie's favorite thing to do at Lynx games is to watch their mascot, Prowl.  They even showed a short funny clip of Prowl on the big screens that she was enthralled by.


He's pretty funny.  And, apparently, makes her think.  On the way home, I fielded many questions about Prowl.  Some I was able to answer, others stumped me.  It went something like this:

Callie: Why doesn't Prowl talk?
Me: Well...probably because animals don't have voices.
**Pause**
Callie: Do animals whistle?
Me: I don't know.  That's a good question.
**Pause**
Callie: What does his home look like?
Me: Um, maybe it is a den by the Target Center...?
Callie: I don't think he lives in a den.  I think he lives in a little house.
Me: Yeah maybe.
Callie: Where are his mommy and daddy?
Me: Um...I don't know. But I like all your questions!
**Pause**
Callie: What does he like to eat?
Me: Maybe green licorice?
Callie: Why does he like to eat green licorice?
Me: Because maybe his favorite color is green.
Callie: Why is his favorite color green?
Me: Well that is the color of the Lynx shirt.  He might like blue and white too.
**Pause**
Callie: Where was he when we watched him on the big TV?
Me: I don't know.  He was probably in the locker room.
Callie: Yeah.
**Later, getting ready for bed**
Callie: Am I going to be a basketball player someday?
Me: You might be!  Maybe you can play for the Lynx!
Callie: Yeah, I can be Maya!

I clearly need to get better at thinking on my feet when it comes to answering her questions.  I have no idea why green licorice came out of my mouth as Prowl's favorite food. 

Anyway, we're looking forward to another Lynx season and more fun watching that silly Prowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment