OHMYGOODNESS I'm exhausted. Ex-haus-ted.
I'm also a little crabby. Others in our house might call me more than a little crabby.
And I don't know if Callie seems crazier because I'm exhausted/crabby, or if she's just being her normal self and my tolerance level is just super diminished so it just SEEMS like she is crazier, but things have gotten a little rough around here at times.
I'm about done with 3-year-old attitude. Um, she is three, why does she think she can just completely ignore everything I say to her? Or do the EXACT opposite?
And her ability to learn things super quickly that I'm always so proud of? How come that ability doesn't translate to manners? How come we have to ask her to use her manners EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. she asks us for something (which is approximately 134,224 times a day)?
I guess all this means is that I'm feeling a little defeated these days. Stressed. Overwhelmed. Worried about everything that needs to get done this spring/early summer. I'm only going to get more pregnant, and probably way LESS tolerant.
So I apologize in advance if you see me and I'm not my usual self. I'll try my best to put my game face on and power though.
Okay, enough with that. On to the weekend...
Saturday
The highlight of our weekend was going to my grandma's 90th birthday party in Eau Claire. I only took one picture because there was a professional photographer there, so I'll share those pictures as soon as we get them. But I love the one picture I did take- my grandma seeing her beautiful grand piano birthday cake for the first time. She LOVED it.
The party itself was wonderful- a nice combination of my dad's family and Grandma's friends. My sisters played piano pieces (and I accompanied everyone singing "Happy Birthday"), and my aunt and uncle put together a wonderful slide show of her 90 years so far. Fabulous!
Sunday
Today was a day to tackle laundry. Like this gigantic pile of my husband's socks.
| What an exciting morning folding socks! |
| Rocking out. Thank goodness they have 2 guitars. |
| Playing in a fort and working on sharing the one flashlight. |
The rapid growth of the belly is a funny and kind of weirdly uncomfortable thing. Random kids at school come up to me and ask if I'm having a baby. Neighbors who we haven't seen all winter see me and automatically congratulate me. People who I know that haven't seen me, even if only for a week, often comment. I don't mind it at all...it is just weird. Pregnancy body changing is just plain weird.
Okay, that is all. I hope that everyone had a great weekend and is ready to tackle another week. Hopefully this week will actually feel like spring here in MN!
No comments:
Post a Comment